Tom John MBA
External Consultant in Electronic Banking and Cash Management
This is the website of freelancer Tom John. Electronic Banking and Cash Management with experience for 15 years in banks and multinationals at the interface between business, IT, clients and bank are my key offerings.
What to expect from Banking Migrations?
As an external consultant I am typically either called when hands-on doing is required or something needs to be migrated, for example:
- MT-MX (PAIN, PACS, CAMT)
- Changes in banking, payment and accounting infrastructure
- Traditional webbanking to Corporate Portal
- EBICS v2.3, v2.4 to v2.5, v3.0
- FinTs/ HBCI to EBICS
- SMS and ChipTan to iOS / Android App
- Homegrown or traditional file formats (for example DTA, DTAZV, MT940) to XML, SEPA, ISO 20022, CAMT.053
- Omikron Multicash to CoCoNet Multiversa IFP
- Decommission legacy systems
- Business Analyst
- Requirements Engineer
- Project Manager
Manager and / or Tester
- Client-facing implementation
- Product Manager
- Sometimes a combination of those
I was often entrusted of visiting clients of my customer and have a reputation being able to deal with difficult client situations. My customers have been Banks, Multinationals and Service Providers. Having worked "on the other side" helped me long ways understanding the needs of clients, partners and vendors.
As a German national, after working 8 years in UK and Ireland plus executive part-time MBA in Loughborough University I command a very good English. I also speak Russian, Spanish and basic French and, having had further project spells abroad, I make this truly cross-cultural competence work in favour of client relationships.
If you are
short of numbers and miss required skills for your migration project, please do
not hesitate to get in contact using [tom at banking-migrations dot com].